Re: Can't call external C procedure from oracle

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2003 01:32:06 -0800

It is best not to manually edit the net configuration files, especially if you are not familiar with SQL*NET. Slightest error in the files can give you a lot of headache. I don't rememeber ever have to, well maybe once or twice, edit that particular entry for the external procedure connection. Here is a sample of the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora, just follow the format and you should be fine. Also, check that the domain name in sqlnet.ora is same as the one in tnsnames.ora.

listener.ora

LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
      )

(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = earth)(PORT = 1521)) )

    )
  )

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = D:\oracle\ora92)
(PROGRAM = extproc)

    )
    (SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = athena)
(ORACLE_HOME = D:\oracle\ora92)
(SID_NAME = athena)

    )
  )

tnsnames.ora

ATHENA =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = earth)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = athena)

    )
  )

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)