Re: Deleting or Trimming White Spaces

From: nobody <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 03:38:40 GMT

My recursive function works for me
 create or replace function F_SPACES( in_string varchar2)  return varchar2
 is
   lcl varchar2(2000);
   double_space varchar2(2) := ' ';
   single_space varchar2(1) := ' ';
   BEGIN
   lcl :=replace(in_string,double_space,single_space);

    if instr(lcl,double_space) > 0 then      lcl := f_spaces(lcl);
   end if;

   return(lcl);
   END;
/