Re: How does Oracle manage the possiblity of memory leak?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:57:21 -0000

"Mark D Powell" <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com> wrote in message news:2687bb95.0301100739.4ec785af_at_posting.google.com...
> Anyway, while I do not disagree with the responses to the actual
> question in the post my answer to the thread topic is, "it leaks".
>
> This is from meatlink for today from one poster
> ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [729], [21688], [space
>
> And the patch (8.1.7.4) for exp creating core files when it attemps to
> conventional export certain tables which can be select * from
> successfully and analyze validate cleanly mentions a space leak in its
> readme.

There is also the fact that there is an event that can be set to ignore detected space leaks (as in the 729 above). If support didn't see space leaks reasonably frequently I'd be quite surprised that there would be such an event documented and passed to customers as a solution.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA