Can't call external C procedure from oracle

From: Fez Panwaskar <panwaskarf_at_logica.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:33:30 -0000

I'm trying to set-up a simple c dll external procedure call as described in the oracle documentation. But I recieve the following error message:

ORA-28575: unable to open RPC connection to external procedure agent
ORA-06512: at "PDADMIN.SQ", line 0
ORA-06512: at line 4

I All suggestions point the error being related to the Listener.ora file set-up and yet I have followed the example instruction to the letter. Has anyone come across this error?

Here is the update to the Listener file: SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = extproc)
(ORACLE_HOME = d:\oracle\ora81)
(PROGRAM = d:\oracle\ora81\bin\<filename>)
)
)

And the tnsnames:
extproc_connection_data.<domain name> =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = /* Hostname */)(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = extproc)

)
)

I've then created a library and a function calling the external procedure. But on calling the procedure I recieve the above mentioned error message.

Under 'tnsping' I cannot ping the extproc_connection_data.<domain name> the name cannot be resolved.

If anyone has come across this problem can you please advise? Regards,

Fez Panwaskar
Space & Defence Division

Logica

Tel: +44 (0)137 27 59100