Determining Varchar Maximum Length

From: Sam <samlai_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 20:02:18 -0600

Hi,

I am writing a server in Java that connects to an Oracle database. I have a table called USERS. A column in USERS is called ID. ID has type VARCHAR(10). My problem is how do I write code that gets the size 10. Could it be done in SQL, PL/SQL, or some method from Oracle JDBC driver? Thanks a lot.

Sam Lai Received on Thu Jan 09 2003 - 20:02:18 CST