Initalizing Jserver per session

From: Adam Hapworth <hap_at_mikomi.org>
Date: 9 Jan 2003 07:30:42 -0800

I have written a package which has some calls to UTL_TCP. I had initially made it using som Java stored procedures to call a program from the OS. What I am coming across is that each session I start up the initial call to any of my JServer items be it the external app of the UTL_TCP package are very slow as in the 3-4 sec slow. Every time after that though in that session all of the calls go as fast as they can and no slow down is seen. I was wondering if I have a possible config issue or is there was a way to kind of make a call to some Java routine to load the Jserver before hand in my Form to kind of hide it's load time.

Thanks
Adam Received on Thu Jan 09 2003 - 09:30:42 CST