Re: Strange whitespace hard to trim off

From: Guido Konsolke <Konsolke_at_triaton.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 13:23:44 +0100

Hi,

tested with what you gave us:
13:19:26 to85e>select length(rtrim('M123-1-9 ')) from dual;

LENGTH(RTRIM('M123-1-9'))

                        8

 real: 30
13:19:33 to85e>

So: kick the length function off and you should be fine. Otherwise: exact statement, outputs, platform, version of rdbms, version of os would be nice.

Greetings,
Guido

"C Chang" <cschang_at_maxinter.net> wrote...