oc4j out of memory but still working...

From: Alberto <iltrex_at_libero.it>
Date: 9 Jan 2003 02:59:47 -0800

I've an oc4j applications running.

One day ago OC4j started to print, on its console,

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

        <<no stack trace available>>

It continues to write this error every 2-3 seconds.

The application still perfectly run. I can browse the site without any problem.

the java virtual machine has only 44 MB of mem usage and 94 mb of VM size.

I looked on google, I've found someone saying to add max-instance="x" in orion-ejb-jar.xml.

I did, but I didn't restarted the server,yet. The fact is that our applications doesn't (explicitly) use any ejb. And the only ejb I've found mentioned in the xml files is a EmployeeBean in the j2ee\home\demo\... directorys, so I don't believe this is the problem.

Any ideas on what's going on ?

One more thing: does exist a tool that shows what's doing a java virtual machine ?

thank you very very much! Received on Thu Jan 09 2003 - 04:59:47 CST