Re: Importing SQLServer Database into Oracle DB

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 13:27:48 -0600

If you search these newsgroups you will find many,many answers to this.. Look into the Oracle Migration Workbench( http://technet.oracle.com register, its free), but be aware that the concepts, methodology and architecture of an Oracle RDBMS are quite different from those in SqlServer, so you will probably want to create the tables you need in Oracle, export the data for those tables from SqlServer as CSV file(s) and use Oracle's Sql Loader to populate your tables..Any procedures, etc you have in SqlServer will most likely not work in Oracle so you will need to recode them..