Re: Oracle on Win2K vs. HP/UX

From: Tim Ashman <tashman_nospam_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 15:01:49 GMT

Sean wrote:
> Does anyone know of whitepaper(s) addressing the advantages of running
> Oracle Server in the Unix environment vs. Windows?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sean Johnson

I can only share my exprience. I knew nothing about unix in 1999. We purchased an accounting package that runs on oracle. I picked HP/UX just because of it's reputation. I haven't been sorry. I think in the years since I've had to shutdown the server for maintance only three times. The database has NEVER crashed, the unix has NEVER crashed. I doubt anyone can say that about any windows OS. Received on Wed Jan 08 2003 - 09:01:49 CST