Re: Oracle on Win2K vs. HP/UX

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Jan 2003 20:06:45 -0800

sjohnson_at_n-m-r.net (Sean) wrote in message news:<693c25f6.0301070855.77174944_at_posting.google.com>...
> Does anyone know of whitepaper(s) addressing the advantages of running
> Oracle Server in the Unix environment vs. Windows?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sean Johnson

Although I am not a big fan of Windows... It has come a long way to be a descent server.

Having said that...name of the game is "Database Performance" and unfortunately, it depends on more then one parameter. You could have top of the line server but if your database design was created by someone with an IQ of a door knob or if your network has a thruput little better then a dial up... then you are hosed.

All things being equal... you can visit http://www.tpc.org/ to see tpc result by server vendor.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Tue Jan 07 2003 - 22:06:45 CST