Re: Oracle on Win2K vs. HP/UX

From: Frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 21:16:58 +0100

Sean wrote:
> Does anyone know of whitepaper(s) addressing the advantages of running
> Oracle Server in the Unix environment vs. Windows?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sean Johnson

the Unix environment... Would that be HP/sucks or what? Just went rhu a session to prove custom app+eBusiness Suite runs better on a blade+Linux (RH AS 2.1) than on a Superdome... Not really a HP fan, sorry. More in for Sun or IBM (forget HACMP)...

On the same h/w (intel, of course) Linux+Oracle outperforms Win2k+oracle (same versions oracle, same options installed)

Windoze.. another security hole discovererd... patch it... do yuo want to reboot now? NO, of course I don't want to shutdown!!! I'm running a 24*7 production instance here!

So... Unix is the way to go: scalable (yawn! this has been here before!)

Frank Received on Tue Jan 07 2003 - 14:16:58 CST