Re: Presentation = http://admin

From: Phil Jollans <phil.Jollans_at_messring.de>
Date: 7 Jan 2003 01:01:15 -0800

Thanks for the reply. I have now found some more information about this. As far as I know, OSE is still available in Oracle 9, but may be more or less obsolete.

In particular, I have found more information by searching for "Apache Module Oracle OSE" in Google.

It seems fairly clear, that the parameter "Presentation=http://admin" is required to access OSE via the Apache web server. The question is, is this oracle connection useable for other purposes?

Our application does not require OSE and is not in any way web based. In my opinion, we should just delete this line from tnsnames.ora. However, I can't test this at the customer's site right now.

Does anybody know if having "Presentation=http://admin" in tnsnames.ora is likely to cause problems for applications NOT using OSE. Thanks in advance,
Phil Received on Tue Jan 07 2003 - 03:01:15 CST