Does Oracle affect computer start up sequence?

From: K Kien <kurrabakien_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 19:44:42 +1100

Hi
I'm a student doing "Software Development". In the forth coming term, we are going to do Oracle, which I know nothing about. I installed Oracle 9i in my PC for maximum practice. I read documentation before installation and everything went all right. The problem is that after installing Oracle, my PC's start up (Boot Up) has become really slow. Before Oracle, start up would take about 2 minutes but now it keeps going for nearly 7 minutes. Does Oracle affect computer start up sequence?

Please help me with your expertise if you can. Many thanks in advance.

K Kien

Note: I have a Pentium III 933, RAM 256, HD 30 gig (in 2 partitions. Oracle programming files on drive C: and database files on drive D: plenty of free HD space available) and Windows 2000 Server.

---