Re: Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers

From: George <junk_at_ixsis.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 05:00:26 GMT

All good points Rauf... but I never expected anyone to do anything they didn't feel the need to do OR the time to do. As I said before, I would rather my post go without responses then to get responses that do little to solve the problem at hand.

If I could have paid to have someone come in and do the work I would have - just not my call.

Vladimir DID take the time to respond and not critisize and for that I thank him. I think in the end that is my point, answer the post as best you can (ability, interest, or time permitting) or just skip it.

I can tell you that I am glad my Oracle days are over. I needed help and really couldn't get any and I have honestly found the Oracle crowd to be considerable less helpful than your conterparts in SQL Server. In the end I can't say what was worse, asking for help or trying to figure out how you guys do joins (which I did manage to knock out - but there was no way I was coming here to ask) on my own.