getting portal installed

From: dcawvive <dcawvive_at_no.spam.programmer.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 20:50:51 -0500

Windows 2000 SP3
9.2 No patches
9iAS 1.0.2.2.2 installed as EE

database klb listening on 1521

Using the configuration tool I cannot get past the second screen where it ask for the sys password and the connection information which I input as servername:1521:klb. It can't seem to make the connection giving me a error message that the password may not be correct or the connection description is erroneous. I checked metalink and this version of 9iAS is supported on 9.2 , set the init parameters open_cursors to 300 processes to 250 and the shared pool to 48 MB. I can ping the extproc_connection_data. I have the installation guide, two manuals and even the oracle classroom manuals (I even read them before I started) but I must be missing a step or a setting somewhere. I have even tried logging in to sqlplus connecting as "/" and re-granting sysdba to sys. Can anyone offer a suggestion on what I should try next besides colorful language? I would greatly appreciate it Received on Sat Jan 04 2003 - 19:50:51 CST