Re: HELP: exp/imp migration from oracle 8i to oracle 9i

From: John Merkel III <merkeliiii_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 00:54:46 GMT

thanks for your help...

in addition to steps 1-5 below i have now also copied over my tnsnams.ora file and listener.ora file from the 8i DB, editing them and changing the host name since my comuputer name changed when i replaced the HD. when i try to run imp i get exactly the same error message as i reported below. when i try to log on using sql plus i get the following error message:

ORA-12541: TNS:no listener

i may very well not me doing something completely obvious to you, as i'm not a DBA at all. so don't feel like you might insult me if i'm missing something that seems simple to you.

thanks again for all your help,

john