Re: Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers

From: George <junk_at_ixsis.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 17:53:15 GMT

I didn't mean to cause a stink here. I was sitting in my office and was told I had to get data from our Oracle based ERP system 2200 miles away into my SQL Server by days end. I have no manuals and our firewall blocks port 80 (and getting that open would take an act of congress). So searching for help on the web is out. I do not have time to take classes or read books. I DO have usenet access so I used it. In doing so I chose the least restrictive group I could find - comp.databases.oracle.misc

In all my years utililizing the SQL server groups, never have I seen so many 'professionals' tell a person to take a class or read a book. In fact, the response that Vladimir left below is what I am used to. I realize full well that you do this because you want to not becasue you have to. Once again, you could simply have chosen to neglect the post completely.

Thank you Vladimir for your response. It was most helpful.