Re: Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2003 07:39:48 -0800

"George" <junk_at_ixsis.com> wrote in message news:<jCtR9.553405$P31.188196_at_rwcrnsc53>...
> I didn't realize you Oracle guys were so aggressive in your responses. If
> you don't want to help, just don't. I would rather not have a post responded
> to then get your pompus attitude. Thank you (and Ed ) for your help
> thusfar. I will make sure to not post here for help in the future.
>
> I'm sorry I missed the post declaring that usenet was suddenly for experts
> only.
>

> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message
> >
> > We don't run an Oracle tutorial service here on the usenet. You need to go
> > your local bookstore or take a class.
> >
> > Daniel Morgan

George,

Comon don't be so sour. What Daniel is referring to here is that people who reply to posts here do it on their own time and are not paid by any institution to do it. Reply may be a little stiff sometime, but it drives home a point that if you are starting at Oracle SQL level 101 (Just like everyone else did), then best thing to do is get a reference book or take a class or something before posting here (Just like everyone else did).

Your question, why/how Oracle uses "Select .... INTO ...." statement, which BTW is a good question, however, does not really belong in this NG. Reason... it would be much better to take a class and ask this from a teacher whom you have paid and who will spend all the time explaining it to you.

Hope this helps. Do visit back and remember, it's not a therapy session... it's a usenet so get used to diverse responses.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Sat Jan 04 2003 - 09:39:48 CST