Re: Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers

From: Ed Prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 15:35:49 GMT

George wrote:

> I didn't realize you Oracle guys were so aggressive in your responses. If
> you don't want to help, just don't. I would rather not have a post responded
> to then get your pompus attitude. Thank you (and Ed ) for your help
> thusfar. I will make sure to not post here for help in the future.
>
> I'm sorry I missed the post declaring that usenet was suddenly for experts
> only.

Sorry to ruffle your feathers, but we do expect a little effort on your part. Do you have ORACLE manuals to refer to? There is also a FAQ posted here on a regular basis that you should find helpful.

Keep in mind, Even if I posted code for you, it would likely not be any better than the examples you can get from the manuals. Of all the software products I've worked on ORACLE has IMHO the best documentation. Sometimes finding the answer requires looking up the right word in the index. So I gave you a basic one to start. Daniel gave you a better one in the context of your entire thread. (mine only answered in the context of your one post about select *).

If the help wasn't enough, you are free to ask again.

Have a good day.

--
Ed Prochak
Magic Interface, Ltd.