Re: Apache/Jserv directory mapping question

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 18:19:06 GMT

John wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I posted this question in other HTML/Apache related NGs but did not
> get a satisfactory answer. This NG seems very responsive. Can you
> help?
>
> I Have a beginner directory mapping question. I have a simple HTML
> page

> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> <TITLE>Collecting Three Parameters</TITLE>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY BGCOLOR="#FDF5E6">
> <H1 ALIGN="CENTER">Collecting Three Parameters</H1>
>
> <FORM ACTION="/servlet/coreservlets.ThreeParams">
> First Parameter: <INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="param1"><BR>
> Second Parameter: <INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="param2"><BR>
> Third Parameter: <INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="param3"><BR>
> <CENTER>
> <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT">
> </CENTER>
> </FORM>
>
> </BODY>
> </HTML>
>

> I am using Apache server. How do I tell Apche where to look for the
> servlet class file coreservlets.ThreeParams? The class file is located
> in
>
> d:\oracle\ora92\Apache\Jserv\servlets
>
> I tried setting
>
> ScriptAlias /servlet/ "D:\oracle\ora92\Apache/Jserv/servlets/"
>
> and added
>
> <Directory "D:\oracle\ora92\Apache/Jserv/servlets">
> AllowOverride None
> Options None
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> in httpd.conf, but it did not work. With Netscape, nothing happens
> when I click on the submit. With IE, it tries to access
> d:\servlet/coreservlets.ThreeParams and gives "page can not be opened"
> error. Any help will be appreciated!
>
> - John

I don't use servlets (thru Oracle, at least), so the following might not help. It's from a no longer in print book (Oracle Web Applications 101) ... but the author maintains a web site (http://www.vesterli.com):

<quote>
Configuring to Run Servlets

Just as you have to tell the HTTP server where to find static files, you have to tell the JServ servlet engine where to find your servelets.

The JServ configuration is split between many files. It can be a bit tricky trying to follow which files include which, but you just need to know that the file zone.properties contains the servlet repositories, which are directories that the servlet engine searches for servlets. </quote>

You might verify that this file is correct. You might also want to look at the author's web site - Sten has several white papers that he's presented at IOUG and elsewhere that might have some answers for you.

/Karsten Received on Fri Jan 03 2003 - 12:19:06 CST