Re: Newbie question

From: George <junk_at_ixsis.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 17:21:06 GMT

Wonderful! Thanks

Now this opens a whole new can of worms for me.

The first one to come to mind is the select * statement. I am assuming that this can be a lengthy operation if the table has many fields and modifying the table later would rise cause to modify all procedures that contain a select * from the modified table.

Also how then does the procedure return records to the client, or does it not? I then surmize that using procedures to return records to the client is might not be the prefered method but rather a view?