Re: Performace on VERY simple database...

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 16:22:37 GMT

It would usually physically put the rows in that order. You still need the order by to get the rows out in that order - don't rely on the actual physical order of the rows, you'll get burned. It might help if you frequently access the rows in that particular order, but only for a little while. As soon as you start doing deletes, inserts, updates (to that column) all bets are off and things begin to degrade. Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure