Re: Performance -also posted in Server group-

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 22:53:49 +0100

On Thu, 02 Jan 2003 18:17:33 GMT, "Stephan" <test_at_test.com> wrote:

>The total story till now:
>
>Win2000
>8.1.7.
>
>- I started having 1 instance called PREV
>- In PREV, I imported the PREVENT scheme containing about 30 tables
>- I analyzed (COMPUTE) the PREVENT scheme
>- I query from only 2 tables of that PREVENT-scheme (one -DISTRICT- having
>20 records, the other -DISTRICT_STREET- 2000).
>- When I select from the PREV database by means of:
>"select id_district, district_name FROM district, district_street where
>(district_id=id_district) AND (place_street_id=707)"
>
>the performance is between 200msec and 2sec for generating 3 records (poor)!
>
>- In the PREV database I created a copy of the district table by means of:
>"create table district2 as select * from district"
>- I analyzed (COMPUTE) the PREVENT scheme again
>- When I select from the PREV database by means of:
>"select id_district, district_name FROM district2, district_street where
>(district_id=id_district) AND (place_street_id=707)"
>the performance is between 1msec and 10msec for generating the 3 records
>(good)!
>So why is the performance using the imported table (20 records!) so bad?
>(does Oracle treat it different than the copy-table? conversion?)
>

>Please help...
>Stephan

- Please do not crosspost
- Please post 'clues' instead of 'riddles'
- Please include at least the relevant explain plans

In your current post there simply too many unknowns to provide any answer at all!

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Jan 02 2003 - 15:53:49 CST