Start a program from wthin Oracle

From: Moritz Klein <mklein_at_students.uni-mainz.de>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 02:37:54 +0100

Hello NG,
first of all the general information.
I am using Windows 2000 Server and Oracle 9.2. I am wondering if it is possible in PL/SQL to start programs (like batch-scripts, perl-scripts an so on). I am designing an usermanagement with Oracle and DHCP/DNS. Our administrators use a webinterface to enter the user-information into the Oracle-DB. First we scheduled our scripts to run every hour but this brought some problems and i want the scripts to be run after every insert, update, or delete. If anyone does have a better solution i would be very thankful if told here.

Thanks in advance

    Moritz Klein Received on Sat Dec 28 2002 - 19:37:54 CST