Re: Causes of ORA-03113

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 16:52:22 -0800

Simon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm developing a PL/SQL program that for some reason has started to
> cause ORA-03113 errors all the time - what I mean is, I execute the
> stored procedure from the SQL*Plus prompt, and it starts running, but
> - it never finishes. After a couple minutes, it stops, and I have the
> ORA-03113 error - as if something in my code actually "broke" the
> database connection. Most strange. So I'm just wondering if any of
> you experienced Oracle ninjas out there are aware of some common
> mistakes that can cause such an error, because I'm having a hard time
> figuring it out from looking at my code. I think I know what
> procedure it's in when the error occurs, but I can't really tell what
> line is doing it. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Simon Dimuantes

No hardware.
No operating system
No Oracle version and edition

Since you provided nothing of value to help someone help you ... you get nothing more than a likely accurate but still crude approximation.

Whoever installed Oracle on your UNIX box, most likely Solaris, HP/UX, or Linux did not read or follow the installation instructions. Check the kernel parameters for semaphores and shared memory.

If I guessed incorrectly ... try providing more useful information.

But I'll be a Starbuck's latte' on the answer.

Dan Morgan Received on Tue Dec 24 2002 - 18:52:22 CST