Re: trying to convert sql left outer join to oracle

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 14:39:17 -0800

Greg wrote:

> My mistake, if you do the following you see the behavior I recall from
> my formative days:
>
> select * from sys.dual as xxx
>
> MS Access allows this, Oracle doesn't seem to.

Oracle is NOT MS Access. Oracle is NOT MS SQL Server. Oracle is not a product manufactured by the Microsoft Corporation.

Now I know that is amazing but it is really true. There is a software product not made by Bill Gates and company.

If you want to work with Oracle you should stop trying to kludge it into a dumber-than-dirt toy implementation of a quasi-relational database and go to http://tahiti.oracle.com and start with the Concepts and Architecture books.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Dec 23 2002 - 16:39:17 CST