MS .NET Data Provider for Oracle: Chinese / Cyrillic Characters

From: Andreas Walthes <walthes_at_sdm.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:44:48 +0100

Hi,

we need to write to and read from an Oracle 8i database. The strings we deal with may contain Chinese or Russian Unicode characters from a .NET client application.

We use the MS .NET Data Provider for Oracle. We do not use the DataSet / DataAdapter approach but use SQL commands, via the IDbCommand interface.

Our problem is that the chinese characters are converted to reversed question marks (żżżż) when written to the database with an insert command, regardless of whether the characters are contained in the SQL string inline or passed to the command via the Parameters property.

Does anybody have skills in using the MS .NET Provider for Oracle with non-ISO-latin unicode characters?

Any help welcome,

Thank u & merry Xmas
Andreas Received on Fri Dec 20 2002 - 08:44:48 CST