Generic Search Page for Oracle Database

From: Sawt <burger2001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Dec 2002 09:05:50 -0800

Hi,
I have an Oracle Database that contains information collected from forms submitted online. The information has user information such as name, address, company, etc as well as information about expenditures by the individual/company (amount of expenditure, date, etc).

I am looking for a COTS product that I can plug into the site that will serve as a search engine for the database. The user should be able to conduct searches over different fields, and build different SQL searches (want the user to be able to use it w/o knowing SQL). I know this is a pretty simple application, and I would build it from scratch, but the timeframe is very short and there isn't time for a full software development cycle, so I'd like to buy something.

PS, I am running on Unix and would prefer to implement Java/JSPs if thats possible.

Does this make sense, and does anyone have any advice or direction? Received on Wed Dec 18 2002 - 11:05:50 CST