Re: Granule size on windows 2000

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:08:11 -0000

Hi

The admin guide says the same but with a note stating that this might be OS dependent and giving as an example WindowsNT where the granule size is 8M so that falls in line with your experiments. I'm unable to tell if Win2k is the same to Oracle as WinNT or not. Of course what I'll probably do is specify a size divisible by 16M anyway.

Cheers.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

"Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message

> Hi Niall,
>
> Note 148495.1 in metalink says:
>
> "In this new model, a new unit of allocation is created called the
> 'Granule'. A granule is a unit of contiguous virtual memory allocation.
The