Re: extended ASCII seems not to exist for some clients

From: Peter Gulutzan <pgulutzan_at_ocelot.ca>
Date: 17 Dec 2002 10:24:15 -0800

"Christian BIERO" <cbiero_no_spam_at_gold-solutions.com> wrote in message news:<atl6hu$30j$1_at_news2.isdnet.net>...
> But when the same script is ran using sqlplus DOS or directly using sqlplus
> on the server, the accent caracteres are replaced with bad value (I first
> think of their current ASCII code minus 128 but its not the case)
>
> the same way select CHR(233)||' é' from dual; gives me :
> - 'e i' using sqlplus under the server via telnet
> - 'é é' using sqlplusw under W98 connected the the same DB
> - 'Ú +' using sqplus under W98 (same PC as above) connected the the same DB
> But every session gives me the sames value as below for

This may be a red herring, but I notice that CHR(233) is Ú if the effective code page is CP850. I gather this from the recommendable sampling of code pages at http://www.i18nguy.com.

Peter Gulutzan
Co-Author of SQL Performance Tuning (http://www.ocelot.ca/tuning.htm) Received on Tue Dec 17 2002 - 12:24:15 CST