Table Design for 2 similar table

From: Ginger Mall <bocgco_at_hongkong.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:21:32 +0800

I am facing a question on schema design.

There is 2 types of records. The 1st is start record of some activities while the other is the stop record.
They contains actually different attributes except "UserID" and "DateTime". The query will only extract the result by UserID and sort by DateTime.

e.g.

.. User111 Start .......
.. User111 Stop .......
.. User111 Start .......
.. User111 Stop.......
.. User111 Start .......
.. User111 Start .......
.. User111 Start .......
.. User111 Stop .......
.. User111 Start .......

My problem is should I split these records into 2 diff. table ? Received on Mon Dec 16 2002 - 23:21:32 CST