Re: Unevent usage of datafiles within on tablespace

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:11:29 -0000

Its not immediately obvious to me, but I do have the same behaviour exhibited here. Once in an index tablespace and one in a tablespace reserved for LOBs. I must admit I thought that the datafile for a next extent was chosen on a 'round robin' basis but it appears that this is not *always* the case, at the moment I'd suspect that this behaviour is either linked to particular segment types (noting that LOBs have associated indexes) or perhaps to exp/imp. Unless anyone else already has the answer I think we'd need to devise a test.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA