Re: Exec in Oracle

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 13 Dec 2002 04:05:28 -0800

"Harpreet Singh" <harpreet_at_ruksun.com> wrote in message news:<atc0c8$83$1_at_news.vsnl.net.in>...
> Hi
> For learning Oracle I am porting my SQL server code to Oracle. In SQL
> server if a variable has an DML stmt in it and if we want to execute that
> the syntax is
>
> set @Str = "Select * from abc"
> exec (@str)
>
> How do we do this in Oracle.
>
> --Harpreet

You did read the answers you already got? If so, it looks like you don't want to buy the advice you got.

The advice to forget about a straightforward *port* should *not* be ignored, or you must be willing to change job very soon. The advice to read manuals should also *not* be ignored. It appears most people brainwashed by SQLserver also lost their reading capabilities. That is their problem, especially if they don't want to see 4 letter abbreviations in responses.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Dec 13 2002 - 06:05:28 CST