Re: Oracle 9i Certification

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2002 15:48:16 -0800

Oracle has tightened up the requirements considerably. See http://education.oracle.com for requirements and some eye-opening prices.

http://technet.oracle.com (membership required) has lots o' stuff. Search the web for books with linux/oracle on a cd that might be worth it (even with a cable modem, I find a cd a lot easier than the sometimes overloaded O downloads).

> Are there any jobs out there where I can get hands on training?

Join the navy, see the world.

But seriously, if you have some other skills like programming or report generators, maybe you can find work in a place that needs some front end work, and get friendly with the admins. Perhaps my experience is skewed, but I've seen so many places that need dba work that don't even realize it, just being there is an opportunity.

> Any info. will be appreciated.

Google for FAQ on cdo*, and there have been some recent discussions on cdo.marketplace.

> Thanks

jg

--
@home is bogus.
Yes, the Village People did make a video of that song, and the Navy