tnsping source code wanted

From: Daniel Berger <djberg96_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2002 13:32:31 -0800

Hi all,

I'm thinking about writing a Ruby extension to emulate tnsping. Is the source for tnsping (and its required headers) available somewhere?  Or is it closed-source? I checked on Google and oracle.com, but didn't find it.

To head off the inevitable, "Why would you want to do that?" type questions, I'll say this now:

  1. Parsing backtick output is a pain, especially when the output differs on different platforms.
  2. I feel like it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dan Received on Thu Dec 12 2002 - 15:32:31 CST