Re: which privilege to create a database?

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:44:54 -0600

For that purpose you can create a user ( which also creates a schema to hold that user's objects) and restrict that user's privs to that schema - the user then can drop, create, insert, etc without accessing anyone else's stuff..Note, however, that a bad user ( meaning one who is not sufficiently versed in Oracle) can cause problems for the entire instance and or the server itself at that will affect the other users' ability to use their data.

hth