XML problem on 8i

From: pmatt69 <pmatt69_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:27:05 -0500

I am trying to use the xmlgen package on our 8.1.7.4 installation on Solaris 8. When I run a very simple test example from within sqlplus:

select xmlgen.getxml('select group# from v$logfile') from dual;

This is what I get:

<?xml version = '1.0'?>
<ERROR>java.lang.NullPointerException</ERROR>

Obviously, not everything is broken, since I am getting XML back. Does anyone have any ideas why this does not work?

Thanks,

Matt Received on Thu Dec 12 2002 - 11:27:05 CST