Re: which privilege to create a database?

From: damorgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:21:30 GMT

"Grégory Luguet" wrote:

> Hello,
> I must create a database for a 3-tiers application and I wish I can do it
> with the user I specially created for.
> The problem is that there is no "grant create database" available, so how
> can I do it?
>
> The idea to create it with the system user and give all privileges on it to
> my user is quite unpleasant to me, any other way?

Are you using the word database in the Oracle context or the SQL Server context? Database or Schema?

But in either case you can not unless your DBA grants you the privilege. And if the DBA does they are crazy. Because anyone that would ask the question you have asked should not be granted those privileges.

Go to http://tahiti.oracle.com and search on "CREATE DATABASE' and "CREATE USER". Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Dec 11 2002 - 12:21:30 CST