Re: ORA-12631: Username retrieval failed

From: damorgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:16:51 GMT

Emre Akbag wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm receiving following error message while trying to connect to our db
> using any kind of a tool (Toad, sql+, etc...): ORA-12631: Username retrieval
> failed
>
> * The user name, I am using exists and I am using the correct password.
> * My tnsnames.ora is correct. I can tnsping to the database. My
> colleagues are using the same tnsnames file.
> * My oracle installation is correct. I can connect to another db using
> the same machine, same tool (Toad).
>
> I couldn't find much about "ORA-12631: Username retrieval failed" in the
> technet or internet.
>
> Can anybody help me?
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> best.
>
> emre

Cause: The authentication service failed to retrieve the name of a user. Action: Enable tracing to determine which routine is failing.

And next time you post give us the hardware platform, operating system and version, Oracle version and edition.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Dec 11 2002 - 12:16:51 CST