Unlimted Extents = 505?

From: Rogbaker <Rogbaker_at_gdi.net>
Date: 11 Dec 2002 08:26:38 -0800

I have an Oracle 8i database on HPUX called HR8T. I want to refresh it with the contents of another database, HPRD. All databases have a block size of 8192. I did an export of HPRD, then truncated & dropped all the tables and objects of a particular schema, before doing the import. During the import, I received the error

. . importing table                   "PSPRCSRQST"
IMP-00058: ORACLE error 1631 encountered
ORA-01631: max # extents (505) reached in table SYSADM.PSPRCSRQST IMP-00028: partial import of previous table rolled back: 4762 rows rolled back

So if I look at my storage parameters for the table in HR8T (which received the import), it says the maxinum number of extents is 2147483645. However, checking the source database says that table has 505 max extents. How did this change during the import yet have the old value?

Thanks,
Roger Received on Wed Dec 11 2002 - 10:26:38 CST