Re: Exec in Oracle

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:58:57 GMT

Read the pl/sql users guide. You do NOT want to do a direct port from SQLServer to Oracle. At work I had to deal with this - someone porting their stored proc from SQL server to Oracle. They were trying to move their 150 lines of code to Oracle and I was able to do it in about 15 (didn't need all those temp tables etc., just direct sql). There are much different beasts and a direct port will fail.

Jim