Re: Skip Locked failed to return correct result set.

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:44:04 +0100

On 10 Dec 2002 11:45:25 -0800, jim.thompson_at_lagosantafe.com (Jim Thompson) wrote:

>SELECT *
>FROM Libra_Sentinel
>WHERE DomainObject_uuid in ('D67E84DF7BDFCC419A0E22C93ED7AE6F')
>FOR UPDATE NOWAIT SKIP LOCKED
>
>returns the correct result set -- one row.
>
>SELECT *
>FROM TradePilot.Libra_Sentinel
>WHERE DomainObject_uuid in HEXTORAW('D67E84DF7BDFCC419A0E22C93ED7AE6F')
>FOR UPDATE NOWAIT skip locked
>
>returns the wrong result set -- "nothing"
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>BTW, the HEXTORAW allows use of index in query.
>
>Use of skip locked is very important in the logic of this app.

Not sure why you are using 'IN' when you are only searching for equality.
Apparently you have an implicit RAWTOHEX(domainobject_uuid) in the first statement.
If you can demonstrate there is no difference between statement 1 and and the explicit RAWTOHEX conversion, it looks like statement 2 must be considered to suffer from a bug.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Dec 10 2002 - 14:44:04 CST