Re: Help: Data in LONG column truncated to 100 chars.

From: Dave <David.W.Spencer_at_elcaro.moc>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:11:40 +0000

You can also access the LONG data with a direct select from its owning table. The problem is that the OLEDB provider cannot get the ROWID from a join which it needs to pull back long data.

I didn't think a ChunkSize could be specified over 64K but I might be wrong on that...

Dave.

Steve Evans wrote:
> I came across the same problem using ADO from VBScript with the Oracle
> for OLEDB provider. It does seem strange that the behaviour occurs only
> when tables are joined.
>
> I have a couple of solutions you can try:
>
> 1) In your ORAOLEDB.Oracle provider connection string, add a ChunkSize
> parameter. e.g. ChunkSize=2147483647 will return up to 2GB.
>
> 2) Use the Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle (provider=MSDAORA)
>
> I hope this sorts out your problem
>
> --

Email address munged to avoid SPAM
Reverse the last two parts to reply directly