Re: Sqlplus system connection

From: Bert Bear <bertbear_at_NOSPAMbertbear.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 07:36:46 GMT

Song,

Can you successfully do the command "tnsping abc"

One possible reason is Oracle Networking (e.g. TNSNAMES, ONAMES, LDAP, etc.) doesn't know about the abc database (or know it by another name).

What exactly is going on? Remember YOU (YES, YOU) are our eyes; we can NOT see your screen.

Bertram Moshier
Oracle Certified Professional 8i and 9i DBA

http://www.bmoshier.net/bertram