Re: Oracle 8.1.7.0 on RH8.0

From: Tim X <timx_at_spamto.devnul.com>
Date: 10 Dec 2002 08:42:44 +1100

Kenneth Schulstad <kschulst_at_ifi.uio.no> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install oracle 8.1.7.0 on Linux RH8.0
>
> When about to start the runInstaller the installer echoes with:
>
> Initializing Java Virtual Machine from ../stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFiles/Expanded/linux/bin/jre.
> Please wait...
>
> And then nothing happens ...

Check your LANG environment variable. There are some problems with some locale settings with the jvm and the universal installer. When trying to install I had the same symptoms. When I changed the locale from en_AU to C it all worked fine.

Tim

Tim X.
tcross (at) northnet com au Received on Mon Dec 09 2002 - 15:42:44 CST