Re: Tuning

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 22:14:12 +0100

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 19:40:22 +0100, "O.C." <clubmitglied_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi !
>What is faster in embedded SQL (in PRO-C):
>1. One join of 5 large tables or
>2. Splitt the this big SQL into 3-4 parts (and use the output of one sql
>result
>as bind variables for the next sql statement)
>
>Indexes are in use.
>
>Thank you !

A generic question without any further details begs for a generic answer:

It depends!

(But not learning SQL and sticking to 3GL habits is *ALWAYS* a bad idea, so that would rule out the 2nd approach)

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Dec 09 2002 - 15:14:12 CST