Re: Pro*C and trigger

From: damorgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 18:07:06 GMT

lomba wrote:

> "damorgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 3DF4CE4B.CDB2956D_at_exesolutions.com...
>
> > Have you carefully thought out what you are doing and the implications
> > thereof?
> Absolutely not :(
>
> The problem is that I have an application to start which has to initialize
> my database, supposing I never accessed to this db before. You see an other
> solution to "insert" this trigger ?
>
> --
> lomba

Triggers are not something that should be built on-the-fly. The solution is to build the trigger in the database as part of a set-up routine.

What you are doing is a recipe for disaster unless the C program to which you alude is a set-up program.

Dan Morgan Received on Mon Dec 09 2002 - 12:07:06 CST