Update from Tab Delimited Text File

From: Tim Marshall <tmarshal_at_morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 19:44:10 -0330

HI folks, basic question, I think.

I'm wondering if there is SQL I can use in SQL Plus that will update an existing Oracle table from a tab delimited text file. I'm actually doing this in an Access app that has some linked Oracle tables, but I do any updating using pass-through queries (an Access term I believe, for using Oracle SQL instead of MS Access SQL).

I could do this easily using row processing (ie, DAO, going through each line in the text file and running a separate Oracle update query) but I would prefer to do set processing, ie, one update type query referring to the text file.

Oracle server version is 8.05.

Thanksvery much in advance for any guidance.

--
Tim - http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/
^o<