Procedure error

From: James Agostinho <tvwatchr_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 06:40:36 -0800

Hello NG,

I'm receiving an error on my procedure, but I don't understand just what it means
What I'm trying to do is create a table that has a numeric and 3 character columns, in the number column I want to create a sequential number list that changes every day, (we pull out our new customers every day). I get the rownumber from the create table statement and pass it to the procedure.

Can anyone please look at this and give me any suggestions? I've enclosed the error and then the text of the procedure.

Thanks
James

SQL> start row.sql

Warning: Procedure created with compilation errors.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.26
SQL> show errors
Errors for PROCEDURE FILLROW:

LINE/COL

ERROR

7/5
PLS-00363: expression 'LN' cannot be used as an assignment target

7/5
PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Here is the body of the procedure

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE fillrow (rownumber in NUMBER) IS
  ln number; --holds the line number BEGIN
    ln := 0;
  FOR ln IN 0..rownumber LOOP
    ln := (ln + 1);
    INSERT INTO temp1 VALUES (ln);